Perception, Self and Communication

Sunday 2 October 2011

Usually people's first impression on me will be good. They think that i am a studious person, quiet and so on. But none of them thought of whatever my roommate thought of me.

On the first week of college i came a couple of days early and got a small room as i was staying under hostel. My roommate wasn't there yet because her class commenced few weeks later than mine. On one of the weekend i saw she came to leave some of her stuffs in the room.i saw her neatly folded flowery bed spread and her leopard printed storage box. I thought 'she must be a very neat , clean girl', and i was little happy about it because i am a very clean person. Then i walked to my table to leave my stuffs on there and i saw a note!!it says ' hi roommate. see you soon . = ) '. I thought that was so sweet of her but gotta tell. Her hand-writing was UGGLAYY!!Then i went to the kitchen to take something and i saw her parcel and her name on it. 'Adelia '. I first saw her on 19th Sept 2011. She looked fine. A mix blood, 19 year old fun cheerful and yet a creative girl. Soon we became close and she told me that on the first day she came here to leave her stuffs, she saw my helmet ( it was my boyfriend's helmet and i used it whenever we go out for dinner by motorbike). She thought i was a rocker chic@ some 'minah rempit.' She told me that she saw some powder thing on a paper beside my bed. She thought i was a drug addict!!! duh...I explained her that the powder thing that she saw actually was incense stick's ashes and i used to light it for praying purpose.

My first impressions on her was almost the same except for one.She was a super clumsy person and she likes to clutter things. But she is a very nice girl with fine attitude.

Her first impression on me was based on the things that are related me me.So she assumed that i was a bad girl with some bad habits. Sometimes we tend to judge others by the way they dress-up, the way the carry themselves. But we might be wrong. For an example if you watch 'Orphan' the movie, you will know what i'm saying about. 




-kuna-

0 comments:

Post a Comment