Interpersonal Communication

Monday 7 November 2011


I have a sister name Sasa.. and she is a very out-spoken person.. when she talks.. even Obama can hear her!... however, sasa has a small problem.. (figuratively speaking that is!..)..  she has a big problem!...she is sort-of a push-over... she knows what is right and wrong.. unfortunately, she can't seem to stand up for herself... Lucky for her... im not!... Sigh.. but then again.. i still feel for her.. Being her sister-and her room mate, i cant runaway from being the victim of her everyday complaints and dissatisfaction!... 


One day, as I was watching "2 broke girls" online, my sister stormed in the room, threw her handbag on the floor, opened her clothes with a savage essence surrounding her and last but not least-also the worst part of it-she was all silent while doing all these small 'soft' actions of hers... When my sister is angry and quiet- you know something is horribly wrong!.. This practically meant something went horribly wrong and she is either speechless about it or too angry to even describe it to me!... 


So this is what happened... She had a group assignment, there are 6 people in her group... they were suppose to do a literature review "TOGETHER"... however, she end up doing everything on her own... I asked her why.. and this was her answer:


"Why?! I'll tell you why!.. Because when i called the other 'smart' girl in the group and told her i found the 10 journals we needed for the review, she told me ... 




"Oh ok, thats great.. Now you can carry on to do the literature review..."




.. and can you believe it, she said that with a smile in her voice!"




I asked my sister, what did you say next.. (knowing oh-so-well what she said, without even having her explain it to me).. this is what she answered...




"Well... obviously.. I said........ Ok..." then she sighed...




I told my sister, she has got to stop letting people do this to her.. My sister told me that she cant, its just in her not to say no and disappoint people... So what i did was... i said dont do anything.. let me handle this.. and i did.. i told her to stop this before i did (and she knows what I would do-tell her friends off with a smile and curses in my sentences).. 


This is what she did.. she called her friend and talked to her properly (the other smart girl in the group).. She said..


"Hey Abigail, i have some difficulties with the literature review, i'm not quite sure how to do it. I sent it to your email and i think you would have to complete it and mail it to miss by tomorrow ok..."


There was silent for sometime before Abigail finally replied...


"Sure... ill check it out later.. im put right now.."


They both hung up and that was it.. My sister was extremely happy and well.. i made her look like a complete fool... not on purpose that is... here she was all worked out with her assignment.. and her friend was out having fun.. and her friend didnt even mind when she asked Abigail to complete the review... My sister learned that.. the proper way to communicate is key to a good understanding between two person... and i learned that... my sister.. will never change! Because the same case repeated the very next week!...


-Aliya Atika-
SCM 005882

0 comments:

Post a Comment